Saturday, October 25, 2014

Spooktacular card fun!

Aloha gang!! Earlier today, about a half hour before I had to go to work actually, I got it in my head that I was going to make a card. Now I have never made a card before but have seen them and they always fascinate me. Well today was the day I was going to give it a shot. 
The papers I used were all from DCWV Eek-a-Boo stack and the bats came from their Halloween/Fall cardstock stack. 
I started out with an all white card and inked it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire. I then went through and picked out the papers I wanted to use. When I started this all I knew was I wanted to stamp the card to the Sapphire color and I wanted bats on it. I love bats and I'm always trying to convince my husband to build me a bat house so I can raise a bat army. He won't allow it though :( 
Anywho, after I picked out the background paper and border, I knew it was missing something. I looked at what I had brought with me from the basement and saw my DCWV Foiled Vellum had snuck into my pile. And then it clicked... I would make a shaker bubble! I cut out my circle and put the sequins down but still thought it was missing something 
I saw the little "Having a Spooktacular Halloween" and knew right away that was the missing piece! 
Up next was my little bat friends 
I grabbed a sheet of the black glitter paper and traced them out from the die cut my mom had punched out for me. 
Once it was all together, I decided it need just a tad bit more glitter. 
There was already an orange line on the border but I decided to go over it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stickle Dry Marigold. And Voila! Everything had come together perfectly!! I'm pretty proud with how my first attempt at a card came out! Might do some layouts tonight when I get home from work. Haven't decided yet though. My little arms are still tired from peeling all those apples from yesterday. Still have 12 pounds waiting for me to do on Monday! 
Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment