Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall Folks Festival part 2

Good morning world!! I didn't get a chance to update yesterday but have no fears I'm here today! 
What little cuties! 
So yesterday was the parade. Now Michael and I didn't stay the whole time because it's about two hours of tractors. But we did make it just in time to see my favorites... The steam engines!! 
My opinion... They should make the whole parade steam engines. 
While at the parade we met a little baby Ewok. He had to go home though because he was picking fights with a pit bull. You could actually hear the pit bull laughing at the little Ewok. 
Also met a wolf! He howled and everything. I had my doubts but nope it's a real life wolf. 
We wandered through town but didn't find anything exciting. 
Did find a stream that went under a building. 
We also went to the fairgrounds where all the tractors live. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of them during the day. However, we discovered the best pretzels ever! Sorry Auntie Anne but you have been dethroned. 
Then we headed back where Michael made dinner. I think it is the earliest I have ever ate. 
It was then getting dark and almost time for my favorite part of Fall Folks Festival. Just had to sit through some tractor pulls. Only one broke but he was still able to drive away. I like when they completely fall apart and have to be tow away. 
Took some pictures and ate some curly fries while we waited. 

Now that's my kind of tractor. 
These people can drive around like they do in MASH! I know I would play MASH without the real blood and bombs and war and such. 
Michael said this was his favorite tractor. He liked the color which was like burnt orange. 
And now for my favorite part... The STEAM ENGINES!!!!!!!

I have videos but it won't let me load them directly from my phone. Michael was the official light the path when the steam engines were driving back to their spots. I managed to not catch on fire this year which was exciting. I was wearing my "bride" hoody that I had made so I was dodging embers as they came my direction. 
Afterwards it was back to tractors so we decided to head back out. But not before picking up some more pretzels! 
Best pretzel ever! 

So that wraps up yesterday. I don't know if we have anything planned for today. Gotta make it home in time for Once a Upon a Time and Walking Dead. 

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment