Thursday, November 6, 2014

DCWV November Stack-a-Holic Challenge

Hello everyone! As you might of notice I absolutely love DCWV product and naturally I read their blog just about every day. Well every month they have a challenge. The month of October was the first time I entered the challenge and not only was my Halloween layout choosen to be in the Top 10, it also was one of the winners! That layout was made before this blog so now I can dedicate a whole post to what I submit every month! 
This is the sketch for this month. At first I was having problems because I like my photos to be the standard 4x6" and therefore don't have any of smaller sizes. But after staring at things for about a day I slowly came up with a plan. The end result was this:
I mainly used DCWV Once Upon a Time. For the hearts, I used DCWV Foiled Vellum. 
Up next was the card challenge. 
Right away I knew I was going to use something from the new Christmas line. 
For this I decided to go with DCWV Winter in the Woods. I fell in love with the line the instant I bought it! I love the colors for these papers. The snowflakes I cut out from the cardstock that corresponds with this line. I dug through my stash and found some blue gems that I thought would be perfect for the "Merry and Bright" tag 
Since I had the Christmas stuff out, I couldn't just stop with one card. 
This is DCWV Storybook Christmas. Another line perfect for Christmas! The bottom strip is from the Corrugated stack that corresponds with these two amazing lines. The Noel comes from the Christmas and Winter Cardstack. 
And I was inspired to do just one more card for the night.
This was also with DCWV Storybook Christmas and The Christmas/Winter Cardstock papers. I added a red ribbon in the middle of the green cardstock to add some more Christmas color. Then I felt a little deer was needed for this page. So I used another piece of Cardstock and I placed him in the corner. 
Well that's all I have for now. I'm sure I will have some more fun projects to share in the next couple of days. 
Until next time!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment