Monday, November 17, 2014

Butchering day 2

Hello hello! I'm here today to share day 2 of butchering and my last layout that I have worked on. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! It's currently snowing/raining here! Means lots of snuggles with the puppies! I'm trying to give Doctor Who a shot after much persisting nagging from my mother. I made through season 1 and was starting to enjoy it. Now I'm on season 2 with this new Doctor and I'm just not feeing yet. I'm trying to give it a chance though. Or will patiently wait it out for this Doctor to go away. Oh and today is The Little Memaids anniversary so Happy 25!!!

On to butchering now. Since all the pigs were cut and packaged the day before, Michael and I were able to start the fires right at 6:00am. Shockingly, we were the first ones down there on Saturday. 
Fire! Michael is pro at keeping the fires going. I just like to get close to it and throw things into the fire. 
We had to fill the pots by buckets because the hose refused to thaw out I think they finally got it after all the meats were done. 
Inside the pots are hearts, livers, kidneys, tongues and head meat. I have tried it all and my opinion the heart is the best! Taste like a steak! 
Keep the fire going! 
Once the meats are done, everyone gathers around the table to chow down! 
Some yummy heart! 
And a tongue, though I didn't eat it.
The last pot is full of lard. When it is done cooking the press it and fill the buckets up with lard to cook with. They alsoake these things called cracklings. Michael says it taste like bacon but I think he is nuts. I'm not a fan of these at all. 
Well that's sums up butchering. We have all of our meat out away in the freezer. Thinking about someday getting a freezer just for the pork because we have so much of it! 
Now for my layout. 
This was using my kit October Kit from Scraptastic called "Heart it Races" I love how these kits have everything you need that all goes together because sometimes it's a struggle finding just the right thing that goes with the layout. 
Well off I go now. Still have a lot of laundry to catch up on. I should be able to get some layouts done tonight! Or maybe some cards. Or maybe both. Depends how long I plan to hang out in the basement. 
Until next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment