Saturday, November 15, 2014

Day 1 of butchering

Yesterday was the first day of butchering. Starts bright and early 6:00am. This year we got all the pigs butchered on the first day except for one. 
There wasn't nearly as many pigs as there usually is so that's why we got them done quick. 
This was our half a pig. I forgot to take a picture of it cut up but we get tenderloins, roast, ribs and just a little bit of sausage. The ham and bacon we will pick up another day because it still has to be cured.  
Here is Michael hard at work cutting.  I was busy vacuum packing but forgot to take a selfie. 
At one point we had a new friend. 
I called him possum and he was enjoying some fat that was thrown out there. He really didn't care about anything else at all. 
I have plenty more photos but that's of today's adventure that I shall share tomorrow. But I do have a layout to share with everyone. 
This is from the Scraptastic Club November 2014 kit called Free Fallin'.  Even though it's a fall kit I really liked the colors for these photos. I thought they went really well. 
I do have one more layout to share but I will save it for tomorrow! 
Until next time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment