Thursday, February 19, 2015

When you wish upon a star...

Your dreams come true! Despite the fact that I'm 25 years old, I fee like this still holds true. That with a little faith, pixie dust and wishing upon a star anything is possible! Last year it was announced that with Disneyland celebrating their 60th anniversary with a big celebration. Complete with covering Sleeping Beauty's castle with diamonds. I, of course, desperately wanted to go. But knew it was going to be a long shot though. So I put the thought aside and that was that. But it still pulled at my heart strings. The other day on Destination America, was the Disney marathon. It got those wheels turning again. This time I took it a step further and priced it out. It looked possible but the timing just wasn't there. I pitched it to Michael and he agreed that the timing just wasn't there. Before we went to sleep though, the most amazing thing happened. Ladies and gentleman... I'm going to Disneyland!!!!!
Michael decided that instead of coming home after our San Antonio vacation, we can head to Disneyland for the weekend!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a result I really want to push myself to get my wedding and honeymoon album completed. Just today alone I got two layouts completed. And here is the first one. 
This first layout I used DCWV Old World papers. This was part of a challenge on the Disney Scrap board I'm on. Here is the sketch we were suppose to use. 
Such a fantastic sketch! I stayed pretty true to the original sketch. An extra challenge that was part of this was to use hearts on the layout. So I replaced the leaves on the original sketch with two hearts and a Mickey! Here is my other layout. 
For this I used my Scraptastic February kit Counting Stars.  I must say that when I first say this months choices I only thought this kit as ok and ordered it because I really wasn't interested in the Valetine Kit that was the other choice. Even when I got it I wasn't super thrilled. But once I started using it, that ok feeling immediately turned into love! I'm pretty sure this is my favorite kit that I have ordered so far. I again used a sketch with this layout and here it is. 
I have been wanting to use this sketch for a while but had been nervous about that stitched square around it. I do want to start using stitching in my layouts but today was not that day. 
So that's it for today. Gonna start planning our September vacation soon!! 
Still so excited!!!!!
Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment