Sunday, February 15, 2015

A cold cold Sunday...

Good afternoon happy peppy people! Though there probabley isn't that many happy peppy people due to the weather. We are currently sitting at negative 16 degrees after the windchill!! 😨 
On a happier note last nights dinner was delicious! In case you didn't see it in facebook or want a refresher here it is. 
We had Ceaser salad, Red Lobster cheddar biscuits, egg noodles topped with lemon butter, green beans, steak and lobster. For dessert we had chocolate chip cookies. It was delicious!! 
Because of the cold I have been bringing my stuff up to the living room since the basement sits at 40 degrees of dead air. People who know me know that the cold doesn't bother me. But dead air in a room is no fun for my little toes. But I have plenty of layouts to share and today I will share two of them. 
Here is the first layout which I like to call "Off to Neverland". For this layout I mainly used my February Scraptastic kit Counting Stars. You can't see it in the picture but that little orange triangle in the top corner says "Never Grow Up". As soon as I saw that I said of course that wil go perfect with my Peter Pan photos. These photos are from the Festival of Fantasy parade which I absolutely love. 
I added some rainbow Washi Tape from my stash on the sides to go with the little rainbow on the float. 
Here is my next layout. 
This one also came from my February kit. I do have a small confession about this layout. In the bottom left corner I tried my hand at using the star stencil that came with the kit. In my head it was going to look amazing. On paper not so much. I tried to add some glitter to it and outinge the stars because in my head that's what I had imagined the finishing piece of work and that it was going to be super amazing. I just ended up destroying those poor little stars. Since I had already matted everything else down, I decided to add the little hearts and the hidden Mickey. Moral of story... Practice the stenciling on a random piece of paper instead of going straight to the layout with it. 
That's it for now my friends. Thinking about bringing something up to work on today but haven't decided what yet. Stay warm my friends! 
Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment