Thursday, March 1, 2018

Another kit down!

Hello everyone! Can't believe it is March already. And even more surprising, Sebastian is going to be in 2 in just two days! 😱😱 Where has the time gone??? This time last year we were arriving in Disney World to begin his epic first birthday celebration! So much fun!

For the second kit in Shimelle's Clear the Desk class, we were to take papers and embellishments from two different collections and put them together. Here is what I came up with.

I took pieces from Crate Paper Little You (boy) and Shimelle Little By Little. I liked the soft colors of the Little You papers that of course are perfect for baby photos but wanted to add in some pops of color to really make things stand out a little more. Little by Little had those perfect colors while still maintaining that look of a baby album. 
And here are the three layouts I created using these pieces. 



The photo of Sebastian under the UV lights was such a difficult photo to scrap but I really like how the papers worked with it. Its a very dark photo using all blue and purple as the colors but somehow the papers were able to brighten it a bit so you are able to tell what the photo is. 

Michael is in charge of the journaling for the last layout because I felt it was important to have his thoughts and feelings included for such an important moment of our lives. 

That's is for now. Today I will be finishing painting the playroom which has been fun but a lot of work. 
Here is what it looks like. And I have a ton of fun stuff to add to the walls plus going to reorganize how his toys are set up. Sebastian is going to love it! 
Until next time!!

1 comment:

  1. I’m taking this class too! Been loving your layouts. Hope you have fun with Calvinball too!

    ReplyDelete