Monday, July 24, 2017

When Two World's Collide.

When I first found out we were moving, almost immediately began dreaming of my scrap room. While I was grateful to have my own space in the basement, I dreamed of having my papers organized on a shelf, embellishments organized so they were easy to find, my alphabets organise by color, and walls decorated however I please. Finally, that dream was becoming a reality. The catch, I would be sharing that space with Sebastian. Any crafter knows that with crafting there is a mess. And any parents knows that toddlers and mess are the same words. So colliding these two should be pushing the limits of mess. However, some how some way Sebastian and I have made it work so we can cohabitate in our play/craft area.
Now is it always this clean, no. I try to clean it every night but sometimes I let it go. In fact there was a massive Pom Pom explosion that sat on the floor for a couple days.

Here is my area. It's still a work in progress but it's almost there. I love being able to spread out what I am working on and see the different things I have. My cricut and sewing machine are now able to be left out making it so much easier to use.
Sebastian also has his own crafing space. Often I will bring his table over to the right side because he likes to show me what he is working on. Also he likes to put his markers in the table legs and isn't quite strong enough to lift the table to get them out on his own.

Here is the play side of the room. He loves his Little People and is often sending them on some new adventure! He also has his education corner with enough books to rival a library. His flash cards, instruments and other various educational toys can also be found there.
Finally his cupcake wall. When Sebastian was in daycare, part of his leaving routine was to point to the birthday cupcakes by the door and we would review the different months. Sometimes it was a quick review and other times it was a 5 minute review. When that days session was over he would point to the door. I knew I would have to include Birthday Cupcakes in his playroom.

And there you have it. Somehow someway two completely different worlds have managed to collide and turn into a pretty awesome and fun room in my opinion. I am finally able to scrap whenever my little heart desires all while Sebastian plays with his toys while dancing to some Disney music.
Currently I am working on a fun project that will be spread out into multiple post!
Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment