Sunday, July 30, 2017

Planning a Disney Trip

If you have ever been to Disney World, you know there is a lot of planning involved. And while their app is great the Wifi not so much. Often leaving frustration trying to figure out where you need to be next. For our trip in September, I decided to create a planning journal. And what better collection for a planning journal then the 3 Simple Stories Say Cheese collections! For this mini book, I also wanted a try a few techniques that I have always wanted to do but too afraid to do on a layout.   It's still a work in progress but here is what I have so far.


To make it easier to flip to the day I need, I added my own little tab to the side of the page. 


This is an envelope that I folded myself. I looked up various Orgami folds and found this one to be easy but neat looking as well. I actual used a piece of tracing paper and stamped on the ink. I tried to add some texture but it didn't show up so well. 
For this page I added water to my ink and wiped onto my paper. It was a little difficult finding the right ratio of ink and water but overall I am pretty happy with it. 

I have left plenty of space to add in Fast pass times in addition little notes of fun adventures that may have happened during the day. The very last page is a file folder so I can add any little souvenirs (or those pesky receipts) to it.

That's it for now. I am having a lot of fun with this mini book so far and still have a few new things I want to try out.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment