Monday, July 17, 2017

First Character

One of my biggest concern when planning Sebastian's birthday trip was that he was going to be afraid of the characters. As in screaming bloody murder not wanting to be breathing the same air as them and scaring him for life from anything Disney including his beloved Mickey Mouse scared. I had managed to reserve several character meals and several times a day I would go back and forth trying to figure out if I should risk it and keep them or find some other meals.
Our first park day we went to Epcot and immediately was the moment of truth. Daisy was near the entrance so we decided to go ahead and get in line. My hopes were that maybe meeting a character he was familiar with would ease him into it. When it almost our turn, Daisy had to go and check on Donald therefore making our wait time a little longer then anticipated and making for an unhappy Sebastian.
Finally we saw her walking back over to her spot and at this time Sebastian was a very unhappy little boy. But the second he saw her walk past time he went from screaming and crying to standing there in silence and awe. When we stepped up to finally meet Daisy Duck he gave her an unsure glance followed by a happy little grin! He absolutely loved meeting characters! He loved going up to them with a huge smile on his face and lots of hugs and snuggles to give.


To document his first charater meet and great, I quickly knew I was going to need it to be a 2 page layout. There were several photos I  wanted to use and I love trying to include the characters signature with the  layout  I used October Afternoon Thrift Store for my pages as well as a couple random October Afternoon papers. To make the actual layout I used a sketch from the WG Club on Disney Scrappers. 
The summer of scrapping continues and I hope everyone else is having an amazing summer! 
Until next time!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment