Saturday, July 18, 2015

A day late Flashback Friday

So I completely forgot to post these yesterday so we shal pretend that's it's still Flashback Friday. Also happy late 60th anniversary to Disneyland!!

I have been wanting to scrap these photos for quite some time but I didn't know if any other copies existed so I kept putting it off. I thought I was told before that they were the only copies but I finally asked and discovered that there was another set and the negatives still existed. So I went ahead and made up a couple layouts. And since yesterday was the official 60th anniversary of Disneyland, I decided to pick a couple of celebratory pictures from Disney World. And now for my first layout. 
From when the Castle became a giant Birthday cake!! Now not everyone is a big fan of the birthday cake, in fact most people hated it and many people canceled wedding photo shoots because of it. However, at the young age of 8, I was in awe. And it being my first time seeing the castle, I thought it was fantastic. The papers and embellishments all came from my Scraptastic kit, Celebration. Naturally something called Cellebration is perfect for something as big as a 25th anniversary and a castle covered as a birthday cake! And in case you were curious, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be there in 2021 for the 50th anniversary! 
I also got a second layout done from my very first trip in 1997. 
This is my sister and I meeting Sleeping Beauty for the first time. Back in the day, she used to meet in her blue dress, which I happened to like much better then her pink one she meets in now. For this layout I used Simple a Stories Enchanted. I thought a collection made for princesses would be perfect for meeting a princess! 
Anywho so I suppose I should get back to work now. Gotta do something every once and a while!
Until next time!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment